Our go-to recipe for summer entertaining
Featured ID Flavor: Cold Stone Creamery® Sweet Cream
Recipe by The ID Creamer Kitchen
In a small saucepan, add sugar, cornstarch and salt. Whisk to make sure cornstarch is evenly mixed with sugar ( this will help prevent clumping later).
Combine heavy whipping cream and creamer. Gradually whisk cream mixture into cornstarch.
Cook over medium heat, stirring constantly. Once it begins to boil, continuing cooking for 4-5 minutes, whisking the whole time.
Remove from heat, transfer to a clean bowl and cover with plastic wrap directly on the surface (this is to prevent a skin from forming). Let cool for at least 2 hours, or overnight. When you are ready to use the custard, give it a mix to loosen it up after cooling.
To make whipped cream, combine heavy whipping cream and creamer. In a stand mixer fitted with a whisk attachment, whisk until medium peaks form.
To assemble, fill the bottom of a trifle dish with half of the angel food cake cubes. Layer half of the cooled custard on top of cake, then layer 1/3 of the berries on top of the custard. Top berries with half of the whipped cream. Repeat process and finish trifle with last 1/3 of berries.
- 2 Tbsp sugar
- 4 Tbsp cornstarch
- 1/8 tsp salt
- 1 1/4 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1 1/4 cup International Delight Cold Stone Creamery® Sweet Cream coffee creamer
- 2 Tbsp unsalted butter
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 1/2 cup International Delight Cold Stone Creamery® Sweet Cream coffee creamer
Layers and Toppings
- 1 store bought Angel Food cake, cut into cubes
- 3 cups strawberries, sliced
- 1 1/2 cup each: blueberries, blackberries and raspberries